Your Google Local Business listing used to be called Google Places and is now known as Google My Business (GMB)
Top Question from business owners: I can’t get my Google Business Listing (also referred to as Google Maps) to show up on page one of Google in my city. Am I losing customers?
Simple answer: Absolutely! Most Local searches take place on mobile devices and Google displays the Google Maps 3-pack on most result pages. The businesses that appear are getting most of the calls and leads.
- Are you one of the many business owners searching for answers regarding why your Google business listing cannot be found in the search engines by local consumers?
- Did someone in the digital marketing industry tell you that your Google business listing is not an important lead generator?
- Did you know that Google just changed the rules again regarding local search results and your Google Business listing is now more important than ever?
Before you contact me for help and solutions, please read the important information below…
My Latest Publication on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-rank-your-google-my-business-listing-maps-page-jeffrey-taylor/
Mobile Phones are Changing the way Consumers Search Local!
The huge growth of mobile device searches from local consumers makes having your Google Local Business Listing claimed and optimized more important than ever before!
Massive changes in the way consumers search for local businesses and major changes in Google’s local search algorithm is putting Google Business Listings in a more prominent position in the search results.
Securing a place on page one of the Google search results is very competitive and the Google Maps (3-pack) is a huge lead generator.
Own a single business, a chain of businesses, or are you a brand manager for a national franchise?
Whether you are a single location brick and mortar, a service area business, or you have multiple locations scattered around local markets, if you are having problems understanding how Google local business listings work you need to find a consultant that specializes in Google local.
The Truth about Local SEO and Google Business Listings
in just the past 6-12 months Google has really started addressing the Google My Business listings and if you want your small business to attract more customers online you need to take this sudden interest by Google seriously. The problem is, most digital marketing agencies and website design companies do not understand how Google My Business works.
In fact, some large Advertising Agencies won’t even touch Google local business listings because of the complexity that occurs when you have a problem. I know this because they contact me for help.
A Few of the Common Google My Business Listing problems:
- Duplicate listings
- Unverified Listings
- Improper Categories
- Incorrect Name, Address, Phone Number info (NAP)
- Service area businesses with hidden address issues
- Citation Issues
- Improper connection with website – Yes, your website design has a HUGE impact on your Google Business Listing rank.
Do not confuse website SEO optimization with Google Business Listing optimization. Although they are tied together, they require a totally different set of skills when it comes to optimization and troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting Your Google Business Listing issues
Find out why your Google Business Listing is not ranking on page one and fix it!
It doesn’t matter if you have one location or a thousand locations, each business listing requires a specific set of tasks if you expect it to have any chance of making the Google first page in your area for your industry keywords.
Google has a set of guidelines and many unwritten rules that must be adhered to.
Some Google Local SEO companies or Google Business Listing training courses try to get around the rules and engage in what we call black or gray hat techniques that may give you good results for a little while, but eventually Google will catch up, and your local listing will be penalized and in some cases banned.
Unfortunately, in many cases clients come to me after someone else has created a mess by stepping around the rules or they simply had no idea what they were doing. In these cases I will clean up the mess and re-do their Google listing optimization.
Google Business Listing Optimization Services:
- Google account set up, local listing verification and optimization – I can get your stuff set up and let you take over from there.
- Google My Business listing consulting and troubleshooting – already have an in-house marketing person? I can work with them, train them and help troubleshoot your Google local problems for a consultant fee.
- Complete Google local packages – At Local GoldMine, we can take over your Google local listing and marketing worries and allow you to run your business.
What Should You Do Next?
First and foremost I need to do a thorough analysis of your current situation to determine what needs to be done first. Too many local SEO specialists just start building listings without searching for Google penalties or duplicate listings.
With over 21 years of Local SEO experience I have worked with thousands of Google local business listings and there is not too much I have not seen.
Whether you need our services for consultant work or want us to take over your Google local account we will work out a cost that matches what you need and the amount of work that needs to be done to get your business listing on page one of Google.
Ready to talk about your Google My Business issues? Need help regarding lead generation for your local business? Own or run multi location stores and need to set up a local marketing strategy that works for each location.